Saturday, April 2, 2011

21 pounds!

I'm a third of the way through my first weight loss goal.  Phew!  Much more to go but I'm really proud I've gotten this far.

I'm still watching portions and the things I am eating.  I snack in the day which is really good for weight loss as long as it's healthy and low in calories.  This really helps me because it keeps me from getting to hungry which leads to me overeating.  I eat within an hour of waking up and stop eating at least a couple hours before I go to bed.  This has really helped as well.

One thing that I'm sure has helped but I definitely don't recommend is having kidney stones!  Last Friday I was in a lot of pain and by Friday night my husband took me into the emergency room.  We found out there I had a 5mm kidney stone.  They sent me home with pain medication and told me to call a urologist on Monday.  Saturday was the worst!  I can't believe how extremely painful it was!  Luckily my wonderful husband was home and he took care of the kids.

I was still in pain on Sunday, but not so bad.  I called a urologist on Monday and they sent me in for a CT scan and made me an appointment for that day.  After having the CT scan the doctor told me a had a 6mm x 5mm stone lodged  in between my kidney and bladder.  She also said that I had 4 or 5 2mm stones still in my kidney.  She then told me that I would have to have a procedure done at LDS hospital.

The next morning I checked in just after 7:00 and had the procedure done.  She broke up the big stone by ultrasound while I was put to sleep but wasn't able to break up the smaller ones.

That day and the next were uncomfortable but bearable with pain medication.  The day after that I had a migraine all day that the med student told me was a delayed reaction of the anesthetic and even my super pain meds were hardly even touching.  It was awful.  The next day (yesterday) I felt a little pain in my back and this morning I've been feeling a lot more pain.  I'm thinking I haven't passed the smaller ones yet.

Anyway, even though it seems as though these kidney stones may have helped with a couple extra pounds, I'm not sure it's been worth it.  I'm not drinking Diet Dr. Pepper anymore.  The doctor thinks I got the stones during pregnancy but I don't want to take any chances.  I'm sure I'll have a soda every once in a while but for now...no.  I'm too nervous.  I never want to go through this again.

Thanks for listening!  I'm really excited I'm losing weight and am even more excited to lose more!!

2 comments:

  1. What are your ultimate weight loss goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness. I think kidney stones sound like a horrid nightmare! So sorry! But, awesome job with the weight loss. Hey, can I ask you-are you still nursing? Or, did you ever? I am, and I am having a heck of a time losing weight. I have never had problems before with my other kids, the weight just melted off, but this time around, it will not come off and I am getting so frustrated! I don't plan on quitting nursing for a few more months at least. If you went through this, let me know what you did!

    ReplyDelete