Friday, September 9, 2011

32 pounds!


I've lost 32 pounds!  Things are going well.  I go through spurts of major motivation to allowing myself a little too much.  It's so interesting to me how personal dieting has to be.  I am fine with allowing myself treats here and there, but I've learned that I can't keep it stocked in my house.  

I LOVE Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles so when I go to the store at the check out I grab one or two for a treat.  One day I thought that it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a bag of them so I did...big mistake.  They went pretty fast.  They were so yummy!  So for now I stick to grabbing one or two at check out.  :)  

The same goes for baking.  I made cookies last Sunday, which I've had to avoid at all costs because I know I'll eat lots of dough and cookies!  Well, I gave some to the hubby and kids, ate a little dough, a couple cookies, then gave the rest of the cookies to a good friend.  I knew if I kept it in the house I'd eat them, so why get them out and have an excuse to visit a friend?  It worked out great.


This dieting thing is tough, but I love it.  I love feeling better and happier.  I love feeling like I have accomplished something difficult and wonderful.  I love knowing that I can do hard things.  I love believing that I can lose more.  I love feeling the love and support from my family and friends.  Thanks to all of you for your comments and even just checking my blog.  I love to hear that people read it.  

Thanks again and keep checking for updates!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO proud of you Drea!! You rock! I have no will power! You've got me beat when it comes to that FO SHO. Can't wait to see less of you in a few weeks. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just so beautiful and strong and I just look up to you so much! I can't tell you how much I miss you and have had you on my mind lately. Love you Drea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!! I love it! I LOVE reading your blog updates... Rich and I started a weight loss copmetition today...we are going to have a weigh in every two weeks, until thanksgiving and if I win, I get $25 to blow on things he things are silly ( ribbon, glitter, scrapbook paper, glee cds!) and if HE wins then he gets an HOUR back massage... DUMB. THen the winner overall gets something really good, but we haven't figured out what it is yet...we are basing it off percentage lost, not pounds... I'm gonna pummel him!!!!! KEEP UP THE TIPS AND MOTIVATION! I NEED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...you are so beautiful! I love you and I love that you are so willing to share your journey & inspire others! You're awesome! Keep going! You look amazing!...and p.s. I love your hair...I'm a bit jealous. :-P

    ReplyDelete