Thursday, February 3, 2011

How I do it

I've been asked a lot how I've lost my 10 pounds in such little time.  First of all, I have a lot to lose so the first little bit is coming off faster than I'm sure it will later.  I know I need to eat lots of vegetables cooked the right way and not dipped in fatty stuff, eat the right kind of fruits (not the too sugary ones), exercise 30-60 minutes a day and don't eat super fatty stuff.  Ideal, right?  Of course.  But to make that kind of change in a day is very overwhelming to me, so I'm starting off small.  

I'm cutting down my portions considerably. I've stopped snacking on cookies and candy.  I spoil myself with diet cherry Dr. Pepper!!  YUM!  I know it's not the best for me, but it helps me get through days I want to majorly cheat.  If I feel like a snack, I'll have an ounce of Almonds (Blue Ribbon Almonds with sea salt are my favorite).  Since I get tempted to overeat, I'll put what I'm going to eat on a plate or bowl and put the food somewhere else.  Out of sight, out of mind.  I love Slim Fast and I know that this is a lifestyle change and I'm not going to have Slim Fast for my whole life but it's been my friend lately.  If I wasn't great that day, I'll have one for dinner.  If I know I'm going out and want to eat just a little more, I'll have one for lunch.  I also have one first thing in the morning.  I know you're supposed to eat within an hour of waking up so since I have to get up to feed my baby, it's a perfect time.  I then eat a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter on it when my girls have their breakfast.  I also make sure I have healthy snacks in between meals.  

Well folks, that's how I'm doing it.  I hope to gradually get healthier and eat better, but as of right now, I'm taking baby steps.  This is really helping me to not get discouraged.  I can do this!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment